Senior Director of Operations
Our fast-growing company is passionate about improving the health and vitality of dogs so they can live longer, more active lives. Over the past six years we’ve cultivated relationships with local farmers, ranchers, hunters, suppliers, retailers, and pet parents across the state of Hawaiʻi. Using ethically and responsibly sourced human-grade ingredients, we’ve formulated the highest quality raw dog food and treats available in today’s market.
We’ve recently opened a new commercial kitchen in Kailua! Future projects include hiring new staff, expanding retail sales, developing new packaging, creating content for website and social media platforms, and increasing community outreach and education.
BENEFITS & PERKS
We offer competitive pay, top-notch health care plans, paid vacations and holidays. One perk that you won’t find anywhere else is the availability of free food and treats for your furry companion.
CULTURE & PEOPLE
We provide a friendly, positive-minded, animal loving, collaborative culture with opportunities for professional, as well as personal growth. As pioneers in the raw pet food movement, you will join a collective of like-minded individuals who are driven to improve the health and well-being of our four-legged friends!
- 8+ years of experience, including 5+ years management experience
- Excellent leadership skills
- Experience with HACCP and FSMA strongly desired
- Proven ability to manage operational aspects of a company in a similar industry
- Proven ability to lead a team to meet key performance indicators
- Inventory management and inventory forecasting experience
- MAC OS and Microsoft Office literate
- Frozen food distribution experience desired
- Communicate with CEO and staff
- Recruit, hire, and train key employees
- Manage and monitor employees for meeting key performance indicators
- Conduct employee reviews
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and identify strategies for improvement
- Manage equipment assets
- Oversee inventory, shipping and order fulfillment
- Ensure adequate PAR level inventory for all SKUs
- Build and maintain strong vendor relationships
- Conduct weekly stocktakes
- Oversee all outgoing customer orders
- Coordinate Farmers Markets orders with Farmers Market sales personnel
- Available nights/weekends to resolve delivery issues
- Represent the company in media presentations
- Work with team to develop information for packaging, informational handouts, trade show booth design, etc.
- Education Seminars - Coordinate w/ team to plan and facilitate retail training and customer information sessions (involves travel)
- Coordinate, set up, and facilitate trade shows (may involve travel)
- Participate in professional development, e.g., raw feeding education seminars, coursework completion, reviewing relevant research (may involve travel)
- Partner with team to identify focus areas for social media platforms
- Comply with company non-discrimination and non-gossip policies
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Salary: Commensurate with experience